Virtuozzo Expands Storage for Containers Offerings with Availability of New Kubernetes Solution
Company to Showcase Latest Application Container Storage Solutions including its Certified Storage Plug-In for Docker Enterprise Edition at DockerCon EU 2017
SEATTLE, WA – October 16, 2017 – Virtuozzo, a hyperconverged infrastructure software provider, today announced the availability of Virtuozzo Storage for Kubernetes. The new solution solves persistent storage selection problems for cloud native environments and applications for Kubernetes (K8s) production deployments. A purely software-defined storage solution that runs on commodity hardware, Virtuozzo Storage for Kubernetes provides easy-to-use, container-friendly storage with native integration and simplfied deployment and management. Virtuozzo’s latest application containter storage solution for K8s adds to to its existing solution for Docker containers, which received Docker EE certification in June, providing persistent storage support for today’s most popular containerization platforms.
Both solutions will be featured demos in Booth S17 at this week’s DockerCon EU ’17 event, taking place in Copenhagen, where Virtuozzo is participating as a Silver Sponsor.
Virtuozzo Storage for Kubernetes is built on top of the Virtuozzo software-defined storage solution and runs seamlessly in K8s ennvironments, enabled by three key integrations:
- Virtuozzo Storage Provisioner – Provides dynamic volume provisioning based on pre-configured storage classes that contain all the requirements for a particular volume.
- Virtuozzo Snapshot Controller – Implements the K8s 1.7 aggregation API and provides snapshotting functionality for K8s volumes.
- Virtuozzo Storage FlexVolume Driver – Provides mount volumes on K8s nodes.
Virtuozzo Storage for Kubernetes is centered around providing incredibly flexible and intuitive management tools, based upon a carefully designed and tested management panel UI. This allows users to monitor and manage storage clusters and additional storage services (like iSCASI targets and object storage), while also enabling them to control K8s native storage-related objects and define storage classes and automatic snapshotting policies.
“As application containers surge toward mainstream adoption, storage in production environments has proved challenging for users of the major containerization platforms, especially across dynamic multi-server deployments,” said George Karidis, chief executive officer at Virtuozzo. “With our latest Virtuozzo Storage for Kubernetes solution, we’re delivering a tightly integrated, production-ready solution for K8s that makes it very easy for any enterprise, small business or service provider to put containerinzed apps into production.”
Persistent Storage for Containers
Virtuozzo Storage is a purely software-defined solution that enables users to build fault-tolerant, multi-machine storage clusters using off-the-shelf hardware. It works with any workload or type of data, including block, file, object and container storage. Virtuozzo Storage delivers a highly flexible, highly available distributed storage solution that easily scales, comes with built-in replication to ensure the safety of data and features erasure coding to drive maximum efficiciency.
Additional features and benefits of Virtuozzo Storage for Kubernetes include:
- Deep integration with the K8s Storage Management Model – Enables cluster connections through native K8s secrets and snapshots management via a native API aggregation.
- Simple Configration – Assign Storage Classes in 2 clicks with configuration options for Volumes available for storage classes.
- Snapshot Support – Provides added data protection with easy scheduling and policy management.
- Fault-Tolerant by Design – Flexible redundancy schemas for storage, as well as a highly available control plane ensure that infrastructure is still manageable after a node failure.
- Easy Cluster Deployment and Scaling – Easily deploy and manage clusters using a set of simple actions.
To learn more about Virtuozzo Storage for Kubernetes, click here.
To get started with Virtuozzo Storage or to request a demo, click here.
Virtuozzo is a hyperconverged infrastructure software provider with integrated container, hypervisor and storage solutions that power production-ready workloads with the lowest TCO for service providers and businesses. Virtuozzo was the first company to monetize container workloads and today has 5 million virtual environments in production. Virtuozzo is also an active contributor to many influential open source projects, including Linux kernel, OpenVZ, CRIU™, KVM, Docker, OpenStack, CNCF and OCI. To learn more, visit www.virtuozzo.com.