Open, multicloud Kubernetes platform offers enterprise-grade solution for Kubernetes cluster management of application and data containers in a single pane
New solution is backed by world-class training and support from Hitachi Vantara
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – Jan. 19, 2021 – Hitachi Vantara, the digital infrastructure and solutions subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), today announced the availability of Hitachi Kubernetes Service, an enterprise-grade solution for the complex challenge of managing multiple Kubernetes environments. Hitachi Kubernetes Service enables customers to simply, consistently, and securely deploy, manage, monitor, and govern Kubernetes clusters across major cloud providers and on premises. This empowers developers to deploy workloads on their platform of choice, and eliminates vendor lock-in.
Containers are being adopted faster and more comprehensively than previously anticipated. The containerization of applications enables them to be deployed and run easily across different computing environments, providing substantial infrastructure cost savings. Gartner expects that by 2022, more than 75% of global organizations will be running containerized applications in production. Kubernetes is an emerging technology standard for creating, managing, and orchestrating containers and the new Hitachi Kubernetes Service brings Hitachi’s technology leadership, expertise in the enterprise, and renowned global training and support to this sector.
Accelerate Adoption of Cloud Native Infrastructure
Hitachi Kubernetes Service helps organizations accelerate the adoption of cloud-native applications by streamlining the management of the underlying
- Simplicity and ease of deployment through a single management pane that deploys, manages and governs across all of a customer’s private, hybrid and multicloud implementations to reduce risk and complexity
- A unified dashboard that enables efficient management and governance of multiple on-premises or the cloud-based Kubernetes clusters and the large number of resources across them
- Centralized monitoring and alerting that operators can use to solve Kubernetes root-cause analysis challenges to lower the mean time to respond and recover to achieve service level objectives
- Pre-populated applications in the robust service catalog to help developers start rapidly, using the latest Kubernetes-based orchestration and container services
Comprehensive Kubernetes Training and Global Support
One key concern in DevOps is the lack of trained and experienced personnel. Hitachi Vantara offers extensive customer training including 10 foundational courses ranging from DevOps essentials to certification-level training courses to help customers build necessary skills. Additionally, the entire Hitachi Kubernetes Service is a managed SaaS environment supported by Hitachi Vantara’s Global Customer Service organization.
“While our customers love container technology, they are challenged by the complexity to deploy and securely manage containers at scale across multiple cloud environments,” said Bobby Soni, president, Digital Infrastructure, Hitachi Vantara. “Today, we are helping simplify and solve the multicloud Kubernetes challenge for our customers with the introduction of Hitachi Kubernetes Service. With this enterprise-grade service, our customers now have the freedom of a true agnostic platform, the flexibility of an extensible self-service catalogue, accompanied with world-class training and Hitachi global support to help their development teams drive business results.”
“We have many isolated Kubernetes deployments in various clouds – it’s complex and hard to manage,” said Rob Teel, chief information office
“From skills shortages to code abandonment, consistent processes and even training and support, there are many challenges in deploying and managing enterprise-grade Kubernetes in one or more clouds,” said Scott Sinclair, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). “While there are many Kubernetes services on the market, Hitachi Vantara offers an open and simple environment helping enterprises achieve success in cloud-native computing.”
The Hitachi Kubernetes Service is available today on AWS, with Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure available early in 2021.
· Webinar: Simplify Kubernetes: Deploy, Manage and Monitor, Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 5 PM UTC
· Blog: “Hitachi Kubernetes Service: A Much-Needed ‘Easy Button’ for Managing Enterprise-grade K8 Clusters,” by Chris Sullivan, vice president, Enterprise Cloud, Hitachi Vantara
· Blog: “Hitachi Kubernetes Service – Getting Under the Hood with K8s,” by Peter Meister, head of Product Management – Enterprise Cloud, Hitachi Vantara
· Solution Profile: Hitachi Kubernetes Service: Simplify Multicloud Kubernetes
· Infographic: Simplify Complex Multicloud Kubernetes
Connect with Hitachi Vantara
About Hitachi Vantara
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what’s now to what’s next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. Visit us at www.hitachivantara.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is focused on its Social Innovation Business that combines information technology (IT), operational technology (OT) and products. The company’s consolidated revenues for fiscal year 2019 (ended March 31, 2020) totaled 8,767.2 billion yen ($80.4 billion), and it employed approximately 301,000 people worldwide. Hitachi drives digital innovation across five sectors – Mobility, Smart Life, Industry, Energy and IT – through Lumada, Hitachi’s advanced digital solutions, services, and technologies for turning data into insights to drive digital innovation. Its purpose is to deliver solutions that increase social, environmental and economic value for its customers. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company’s website at https://www.hitachi.com.